The following items are prohibited from importation, meaning they won't be allowed to enter the destination country, territory or region.
To check which items are considered dangerous and prohibited for sending from Australia, download our dangerous goods guide (1.2MB).
- Alcohols and spirits
- Bank notes and other currency
- Distilled beverages containing basic oils or noxious chemical substances
- Flick knives
- Lottery tickets and advertising
- Shaving brushes, Japanese.
If an item is subject to import restrictions, it means that provisions must be met before it will be released from customs in the destination country, territory or region.
We recommend you confirm import restrictions with local authorities before posting:
- Clothing, bedding etc., used, for sale
- Drugs and medicines
- Franking machines
- Metals, raw precious
- Military uniforms
- Parasites and insect killers
- Publications relating to sexual matters and birth control
Uganda requires an import permit for many goods. Plants, seeds and fruit require the approval of the Commissioner, Agriculture Department, Entebbe, Uganda. Before posting any item, senders should confirm that the addressee has any necessary permit.
Okay to send? Send responsibly.
As the sender, it's your responsibility to make sure your i