How to apply
- The application process, including document upload and delivery, is 100% online
- Your details are checked against criminal history records in your chosen countries
- 190+ overseas countries and territories to choose from
- Check with multiple countries in a single application3
- $175 per international check
- $61 per New Zealand check
- Results typically available in 5-15 business days1
ID required for an international police check
You need an Australian or foreign passport to apply for your Australia Post International Police Check.
All documents must be original and current (not expired).
Be sure to check that all of your details across your identity documents match what you’ve provided in your application. If your maiden name or previous name doesn’t match, you’ll need to provide change of name documentation (contact your local registry office or foreign embassy).
National Police Check
Apply for your Australia Post National Police Check (Australian states and territories) online or at the Post Office, with results typically available within 2 business hours1.