Australia Post National Police Checks
We have over 30 years' experience in identity checks, so your personal information is in safe hands. We perform over 5 million identity checks a year for individuals and businesses just like you.
Police checks are:
Fast - most people will receive their police check straight away provided their ID is accepted when they apply*
- Secure - in order for us to complete your police check, we use an accredited partner with access to the National Police History database
- Convenient - track your application online and choose from an electronic or paper certificate. Your potential employer can also easily confirm the authenticity of the certificate online
How it works
2. Verify your ID
3. Receive your police check certificate
What our police checks include
A National Police Check certificate lists any criminal history you may have. The certificate details any court outcomes that can be disclosed, from any state or territory in Australia, along with pending charges. The certificate won't include any restricted court outcomes.
How long does a police check take?
Provided you have all the required ID available and it is accepted when you apply online you should be able to get it straight away. If your application is flagged for manual processing, you can expect it to take between 2-10 business days. You can track the status of your application at any time using your reference number, as well as:
- download your certificate once your results are finalised
- allow your prospective employer to see your results
What happens if my ID isn’t verified online?
You will need to print out a copy of your application form and verify your ID at a participating Post Office
A National Police Check certificate costs $49.90, and only $29.90 if you're applying for a volunteer position. This price includes electronic delivery of your certificate.
If you need a physical copy of your certificate, the cost will be $59.90 (or $39.90 for a volunteer certificate). This includes delivery via Registered Post. See a sample of the hard copy certificate.
Remember that with our service, potential employers can verify your certificate online, so you may not need a physical copy - but check with them first.
Frequently asked questions
- * If your application is flagged for manual processing it can take between 2-10 business days to process your police check.