Our privacy pledge
We understand that privacy is important to you – it is to us too. That’s why we respect your personal information and are committed to protecting it when providing products and services to you.
The purpose of this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement describes the personal information that may be collected by the Australia Post Group (‘Group’, ‘we’ or ‘us’), comprising of the Australian Postal Corporation and all of its owned or controlled Australian entities and businesses, including StarTrack, SecurePay, POLi Payments and Decipha. The choices you can make about your personal information and how we protect your information is also described within this Statement.
If you would like a printed version of this Statement, you can print this page using your browser, or contact us for a copy. Our contact details are listed at the end of this Statement. Alternatively, a summarised version of this Privacy Statement is available in our post offices. Simply ask one of our staff for the brochure called “Australia Post, Privacy and You”.
Meeting our privacy obligations
Australia Post complies with:
- Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act);
- Australian Direct Marketing Association (ADMA) Code of Practice in relation to how we market to our customers;
- Privacy and secrecy requirements contained in Part 7B of the Australian Postal Corporation Act 1989 in relation to our handling of mail and postal information;
- Spam Act 2003 in relation to electronic marketing;
- Do Not Call Register Act 2006 where we engage in telemarketing; and
- Telecommunication (Telemarketing and Research Calls) Industry Standard 2017 where we engage in telemarketing.
If you have any questions not addressed in this statement, please feel free to contact us using the methods at the end of this statement under the heading “How to contact Us”.