Our 12-month free PO Box service gives individuals experiencing homelessness in Sydney an address at a participating post office, where they can securely receive important documents and help re-establish connections.
How to apply
Eligible individuals can apply in-store at participating Post Offices, and will need to present a letter of introduction from the St Vincent de Paul Society (Vinnies).
They also need to complete a PO Box application form (4.13MB), which is available at any Post Office.
Those with access to email can opt into our Mail2Day service, which will notify them when mail is delivered to their PO Box.
Once approved, the applicant will receive free access to a PO Box for 12 months. After 12 months, they can choose whether they would like to continue to access the PO Box service as a paid service.
Where are the PO Boxes?
The service is currently available at the following Australia Post branches in and around Sydney, NSW:
- Australia Square: 264a-278 George Street, Sydney
- Darlinghurst: 1/1-19 Oxford Street, Darlinghurst
- Haymarket: Shop 13, 477 Pitt Street, Sydney
- Potts Point: 50-58 Macleay Street, Elizabeth Bay
- QVB: 44 Market Street, Sydney
- Royal Exchange: 38-40 Pitt Street, Sydney
- Strawberry Hills: 219-241 Cleveland Street, Redfern
- World Square: Shop 1048, 644 George Street, Sydney
For more information, call 13 POST (13 7678).