- About Direct Mail Marketing
- How to
- Support & FAQs
Make your marketing go further with direct mail
In fact, consumers have cited direct mail as more effective in influencing purchase decisions than email and tele-marketing plus outdoor, social media and online display advertising.
Whether you want to strengthen your brand or build up your customer base, direct mail could be exactly what your marketing plan needs.
- Tangible - direct mail literally gets in the hands of your audience and can engage all 5 senses: sight, sound, smell, touch and taste
- Personalised - you can personalise your message to make it more appealing. For example: including the recipient's closest store location
- Targeted - you can target specific audiences within your local market with tailored messages for greater impact
Timely - research shows that 82% of people check their letterbox daily and an additional 11% check their letterbox every two days
- Measurable - you can track the response rate, effectiveness and the return on investment (ROI) of your direct mail campaigns
How direct mail performs
When it comes to open and read rates, direct mail cuts through. Research indicates that over 99% of people open mail, 60% read it thoroughly and a further 39% scan it for items of interest. What's more, 54% store it for later reference.
Here you'll find advice on executing your direct mail campaign successfully, including buying address lists and choosing the right mail service.
- Find out how Maggie Beer re-engaged customers to drive sales. Read the Maggie Beer case study (300kb)
- Learn how Australia Post helped Bambini increase sales and customer loyalty through print catalogues. Read the Bambini case study (184kb)
- Find out how Domino's Pizza franchisees benefit from an ROI of up to 10 per cent for its direct mail campaigns. Read the Domino's case study (76kb)
- Learn how advertising agency BMF found Australia's most creative advertising graduates with direct mail. Read the BMF case study (56kb)
- Learn more about the effectiveness of direct mail and how it could benefit your business.