The following items are prohibited from importation, meaning they won't be allowed to enter the destination country, territory or region.
To check which items are considered dangerous and prohibited for sending from Australia, download our dangerous goods guide (1.2MB).
- Bullion and currency
- Dangerous goods, haz or comb. Mats
- Jewellery, precious stones and metals
Lithium batteries and devices containing them are prohibited from being sent via International Express.
If an item is subject to import restrictions, it means that provisions must be met before it will be released from customs in the destination country, territory or region.
We recommend you confirm import restrictions with local authorities before posting:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Books and magazines
- Communications equipment
- Drugs: prescription and non-prescription
- Films: 8mm, 16mm ’ 35mm
- Films: entertainment, promotional and training
- Personal effects
- Phones and modems
- Radar equipment
- Radios or parts thereof
- Telecommunications equipment
- Video tapes
- Weapons and parts of weapons
EDN’s and export permits are required for:
- Kangaroo skins
- Crocodile skins
- Emu oil
- Fish oil
- Bunker oil
- Petroleum-based products
- Tobacco and tobacco produ