The following items are prohibited from importation, meaning they won't be allowed to enter the destination country, territory or region.
To check which items are considered dangerous and prohibited for sending from Australia, download our dangerous goods guide (1.2MB).
- Bullion and currency
- Dangerous goods, haz. Or comb. Mats.
- Items contrary to the political, social or economic order of the State
- Precious stones and metals
Lithium batteries and devices containing them are prohibited from being sent via International Express.
If an item is subject to import restrictions, it means that provisions must be met before it will be released from customs in the destination country, territory or region.
We recommend you confirm import restrictions with local authorities before posting:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Books and magazines
- Cologne and perfume
- Compact disc
- Computer components and parts
- Drugs, prescription and non-perscription
- Electronic equipment
- Films: entertainment
- Grain samples
- Industrial equipment
- Laser discs
- Parts, machine and electric
- Personal effects
- Phones and modems
- Radios or parts thereof
- Telecommunications equipment
- Televisions and television equipment
- Video tapes
- Weapons and weapon parts
EDN’s and export permits are req