The following items are prohibited from importation, meaning they won't be allowed to enter the destination country, territory or region.
To check which items are considered dangerous and prohibited for sending from Australia, download our dangerous goods guide (1.2MB).
- Airline tickets, blank stock
- Bullion and currency
- Coin-making apparatus
- Coins and medallions resembling the legal coinage
- Dangerous goods, haz or comb materials
- Daggers and knives
- Gambling devices
- Liquids, non-hazardous
- Precious metals and stones
- Trademarks, French, false or imitation, and those bearing the Red Cross or designs resembling it Weights and measures, non-metric
Burkina Faso does not accept ordinary letters containing articles subject to customs duty.
Lithium batteries and devices containing them are prohibited from being sent via International Express.
If an item is subject to import restrictions, it means that provisions must be met before it will be released from customs in the destination country, territory or region.
We recommend you confirm import restrictions with local authorities before posting:
- Alcoholic beverages and spirits
- Books and publications in Arabic
- Communications equipment
- Computer components and parts
- Distilling apparatus
- Drugs and medicines
- Medical samples
- Military equipment