The following items are prohibited from importation, meaning they won't be allowed to enter the destination country, territory or region.
To check which items are considered dangerous and prohibited for sending from Australia, download our dangerous goods guide (1.2MB).
Lithium batteries and devices containing them are prohibited from being sent via International Express.
If an item is subject to import restrictions, it means that provisions must be met before it will be released from customs in the destination country, territory or region.
We recommend you confirm import restrictions with local authorities before posting:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Animal products
- Chemicals: non-hazardous
- Communications equipment
- Computer components and parts
- Drugs: prescription and non-prescription
- Firearms and firearm parts
- Grain Samples
- Industrial equipment
- Liquids: non-hazardous
- Medical/dental samples - supplies and equipment
- Parts: machine and electronic
- Plant products
- Telecommunications equipment
EDN’s and export permits are required for:
- Kangaroo skins
- Crocodile skins
- Emu oil
- Fish oil
- Bunker oil
- Petroleum bases products
- Tobacco and tobacco products
- Any other alcohol including beer and spirits all volumes.