11 March 2022
Australia Post has withdrawn from sale and is conducting a voluntary recall of the following product:
- Squeeze Bead Plush Animal Toy
Please see the recall notice below.
The recall is happening because:
- the toy’s inner bubble casing may burst and release water-absorbing polymer beads. When exposed to liquid, the balls expand.
- if swallowed, the polymer beads can become large enough to create a gastrointestinal blockage causing vomiting, severe discomfort and dehydration and may need to be surgically removed.
What do I need to do?
- consumers should stop using the Squeeze Bead Plush Animal Toy immediately and keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- return the product to any Australia Post outlet for a full refund.
Australia Post takes situations like these very seriously, and we apologise if this has caused any inconvenience.
For any further information, please contact Australia Post Customer Support on 13 13 18.