Learn how to make a complaint or leave feedback, and what to expect once you do. You can also get in touch with us to share general feedback and compliments (please let us know if you'd like a response).
How to complain or leave feedback
Getting in touch with us
- You can fill out a general contact form without you having to create a MyPost account or log in.
- If you do have a MyPost account and you're providing feedback about a specific product or service, using one of the forms below can speed up our reply. It'll also link to your account, giving you a record of correspondence. Choose from:
- when and where the issue occurred
- the negative impact
- copies of your ID and any relevant documentation (e.g. receipts, tracking numbers)
- a return address so we can get back to you
Send your letter to:
Customer Sales and Service
GPO Box 9911
MELBOURNE VIC 3001
Reach us from 8am until 6pm, Monday to Friday on these numbers:
- 13 POST (13 76 78) from within Australia
- +61 3 8847 9045 from overseas
- 13 11 18 for business
To make calling easier, you might like to:
What happens next?
If you’ve submitted a complaint, we may contact you for more information or supporting evidence (for example a statutory declaration or receipts) to help us investigate your case.
Most complaints are resolved within 10 business days (although some, like issues with international items, may take longer).
Not happy with the response?
Get back in touch with us and we'll escalate your case.
At Australia Post, protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your “personal information” is very important to us and is fundamental to the way we serve you.
When you give your personal information to us it is a serious responsibility. We are committed to protecting your personal information and giving you a choice in who can use your personal information and how it may be used.
Making an anonymous report
If you believe Australia Post or one of our employees has behaved unlawfully or improperly, you may choose to make an anonymous report.
To find out more about this type of complaint, read our Whistleblower Reporting information sheet (PDF 148kb).