9 November 2021
Australia Post has withdrawn from sale and is conducting a voluntary recall of the following products:
- Nice & Nifty Car Night Light
- Wanderlust LED String Lights 3pk
Please see the Recall Notice below.
The recall is happening because:
- the button battery compartment of the ‘try me’ button in the packaging of the products may not be adequately secured and the batteries may be easily accessible
- the packaging of the Car Night Light does not contain safety warnings or markings regarding button batteries
If young children gain access to the button batteries and ingest them, they are likely to suffer severe internal burn injuries, which can result in serious illness or death. Button batteries also pose a choking hazard to young children.
What do I need to do?
Firstly, customers should ensure the product packaging is kept out of reach of children.
At the customer’s choice, you can:
- immediately and carefully dispose of any packaging from the product (including the ‘try me’ button) and retain the product, or
- return the product to any Australia Post outlet for a full refund.
Australia Post takes situations like these very seriously, and we apologise if this has caused any inconvenience. We are acting quickly with the manufacturer to resolve this issue, all in the best interests of you – our customers.
For any further information, please contact Australia Post Customer Support on 13 13 18.