The following items are prohibited from importation, meaning they won't be allowed to enter the destination country, territory or region.
To check which items are considered dangerous and prohibited for sending from Australia, download our dangerous goods guide (1.2MB).
- Animals and animal skins
- Bullion and Currency
- Dangerous goods and artivles
- Gambling devices
- Lottery tickets and advertising
- Obscene or immoral goods
- Jewellery, precious stones and metals
Lithium batteries and devices containing them are prohibited from being sent via International Express.
If an item is subject to import restrictions, it means that provisions must be met before it will be released from customs in the destination country, territory or region.
We recommend you confirm import restrictions with local authorities before posting:
Senders should determine import restrictions from Costa Rica authorities before posting weapons and parts of weapons.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Animal products
- Blank forms
- Booklets, brochures
- Chemicals, non-hazardous
- Cologne and perfume
- Compact disc
- Drugs, perscription and non-perscription
- Food stuffs
- Medical/dental supplies and equipment
- Personal effects
- Plants and plant products
- Telecommunications equipment
EDN’s and export permits are required for:
- Kangaroo skins
- Crocodile skins
- Emu oil
- Fish oil
- Bunker oil
- Petroleum bases products
- Tobacco and tobacco products
- Any other alcohol including beer and spirits all volumes.