The following items are prohibited from importation, meaning they won't be allowed to enter the destination country, territory or region.
To check which items are considered dangerous and prohibited for sending from Australia, download our dangerous goods guide (1.2MB).
- Animals and animal products
- Aluminium and articles thereof
- Books and newspapers
- Bullion and currency
- Electrical machinery and equipment
- EMS items containing banknotes
- Firearms and ammunition and parts thereof
- Inorganic and organic chemicals
- Offensive and threatening messages
- Photographic and cinematographic products
- Precious stones and metals
- Rubber and rubber articles
- Soaps and waxes
- Spirits and Beverages
- Toys, games and parts thereof.
If an item is subject to import restrictions, it means that provisions must be met before it will be released from customs in the destination country, territory or region.
We recommend you confirm import restrictions with local authorities before posting:
- Fruit and vegetable preserves
- Medical, pharmaceutical or sanitary items
- Pharmaceutical drugs and medicines
- Tobacco and tobacco products
- Weights and measures.