The following items are prohibited from importation, meaning they won't be allowed to enter the destination country, territory or region.
To check which items are considered dangerous and prohibited for sending from Australia, download our dangerous goods guide (1.2MB).
- Animals and animal products
- Aluminium and articles thereof
- Books and newspapers
- Bullion and currency
- Electrical machinery and equipment
- EMS items containing banknotes
- Firearms and ammunition and parts thereof
- Inorganic and organic chemicals
- Offensive and threatening messages
- Photographic and cinematographic products
- Precious stones and metals
- Rubber and rubber articles
- Soaps and waxes
- Spirits and Beverages
- Toys, games and parts thereof.
If an item is subject to import restrictions, it means that provisions must be met before it will be released from customs in the destination country, territory or region.
We recommend you confirm import restrictions with local authorities before posting:
- Fruit and vegetable preserves
- Medical, pharmaceutical or sanitary items
- Pharmaceutical drugs and medicines
- Tobacco and tobacco products
- Weights and measures.
Okay to send? Send responsibly.
As the sender, it's your responsibility to make sure your items don't break any laws or rules – both within Australia and in the destination country.
Restrictions and conditions can change at short notice so the information on this page should be used as a guide only. For the latest information, you should check the UPU prohibitions & restrictions (PDF 7.2MB) or contact the destination country's customs, postal trade or government authority.
It's also your responsibility to check if the destination country imposes any duties, taxes, brokerage fees or any other fees on the item you're sending. If you're unsure, please contact the consulate office of the destination country.
In addition to our customs forms, authorities in the destination country, territory or region require further documentation for some items.
All goods require an import permit.
Each item that exceeds or ECI0 CFA francs requires an invoice.
Delivery locations & exclusions
Before sending to this destination, it’s worth noting a few more details about our international delivery services.
Delivery locations & exclusions data (Personal)
- International Express (carried via the EMS network) - Parcels deliver only to Bangui
International Express - Parcels does not deliver to a Post Office Box or Poste Restante.
- International Express - Letters service available on a non-guaranteed basis