Why we won't leave a parcel
We won’t leave a parcel at your property if the sender strictly requires a signature on delivery, or your location is considered unsafe or inaccessible to our drivers.
Examples of unsafe locations include when:
- the front of the property is near the street in view of passers-by
- the location is not protected from the weather
- our posties would have to leave their bike unattended or out of sight
- our posties are uncertain if there are dogs present or a pet that may interfere with the parcel delivery
- it’s an apartment where we only have ground level, common area access
- the driver feels that the parcel will be unsafe due to other factors (for example, there were many people gathered near your property at the time of delivery)
Missed a delivery?
If you're not home to sign for a delivery or there's no safe place to leave your parcel3, we'll take it to the nearest Post Office.
You'll have 10 business days to collect it before it’s returned to the sender.