Your notification should tell you where to go and what you need to bring. To make sure you're covered, bring your notification (email/SMS or postal item awaiting collection card) along with photo ID that includes either the name or address on the item. You can even show your MyPost card if it has the address on it. If your photo ID doesn't include these details, just bring along other identification that does.
Sometimes you're not around when we drop by with a parcel, or we can't deliver it due to various reasons. If you're not there, and an item needs your signature, or there's no safe place to leave it*, we take it to a nearby Post Office. You'll get a notification about your missed delivery, so you can pick your item up in-person. We'll hold it at the Post Office for 10 business days, before it gets returned to sender.
Check if the Post Office has extended hours
To arrange for someone else to collect your item from a Post Office, choose one of the following options:
- Send someone who lives with you and has ID with your same address
- Complete the 'collection authorisation' section on your notification card and have the person take it to the Post Office, along with their ID
- Complete a letter of authority (84kb) for the person to print and present at the Post Office, along with their ID
Can't get to the Post Office? Here are some more options
With a MyPost account, you can change your parcel delivery address, time, and/or date while it's still in transit. Learn more about managing your delivery.
In some cases, we can look for a safe spot to leave your parcel at the delivery address.
If a signature isn't needed
When we don't need a signature for delivery, we'll try to find a suitable place to leave your parcel. If we can't, it'll be taken to a nearby Post Office for collection. Either way, you'll get a notification telling you where your parcel is.
If a signature is needed
You can use your MyPost account to request a Safe Drop for some parcels, waiving the requirement for signature on delivery. You can even select a location for your parcel to be left. And if you change your mind, you can cancel Safe Drop up until 1 hour before delivery.
Tired of missing deliveries?
Frequently asked questions
- * Parcel delivery is dependent upon how an item is addressed, the location of a property, and Australia Post operational requirements for security and occupational health and safety.
- Australia Post will card or deliver parcels according to the following methods:
- delivery to the door
- street delivery into a mail box with an approved size, location and number
- delivery over the counter at a Post Office
- roadside delivery into a mail box with an approved size, location and number
- a Post Office box, locked bag, private mail bag or community bag
- ^ You have 48 hours to collect your parcel once it has arrived at a Parcel Locker or Parcel Collect (Post Office) location. Post Offices will accept parcels up to 22kg and not greater than 105cm in one dimension. Letters and standard mail that can be delivered to your letterbox, including Express Post letters, will not be accepted. Please refer to the full terms and conditions for further details.
- ** Parcel Collect terms and conditions apply
- ^^ Safe Drop terms and conditions apply