Flexible insurance for your rental property

Whether you own a house, an apartment or a townhouse, your investment property is worth protecting from the unknown. Our landlord insurance is issued by QBE, one of the world’s largest insurers and covers you for things like damage by tenants and loss of rent.

Why insure with us?

Rebuild safeguard

If your sum insured isn’t enough to rebuild or replace your rental property, we’ll increase it by up to 30% under our landlord building insurance policy (eligibility criteria applies).

Extensive cover

Our standard landlord insurance policy covers things like fire, storm and flooding. It also covers theft and damage caused by your tenants.

24/7 insurance claims

The straightforward claims process includes connecting you with a dedicated claims handler, who’ll support you every step of the way.

What’s covered with Landlord Insurance?

Damage to your rental property

Depending on what cover you’ve chosen, we’ll insure your building, contents or both for things like fire, theft, flooding and storms up to your nominated sums insured.

Legal liability

We’ll cover up to $30 million in legal liability costs which arise from an event at your rental property.

Loss of rent

We’ll pay your lost rent following a claim if your rental property is uninhabitable up to 24 months. For short-term rental arrangements, we'll cover up to 12 months.

Insured events

  • Fire, explosion, and burnout of electric motors.

  • Theft, vandalism or malicious acts, and damage caused by riot.

  • Weather events, including storm, storm surge, rain, hail, lightning and flood.

  • Earthquake or tsunami.

  • Glass breakage, collision, damage by animals or a falling tree.

  • Water damage, such as a ruptured plumbing system.

Choose your level of insurance cover

Buildings cover

Our building-only landlord insurance covers your house and fixtures, including additional structures on the property like sheds and granny flats, up to your nominated building sum insured. This option could be suitable for landlords who haven’t furnished their investment property.

Contents cover

Contents-only landlord insurance protects your furniture and furnishings from things like damage caused by tenants’ pets or water damage, up to your nominated contents sum insured. It could be suitable if you’re a homeowner and you’ve furnished your rental property yourself, or if the buildings on your property are insured through a body corporate arrangement.

Building and contents cover

Combining both our landlord insurance options, this policy offers cover for both the buildings and contents at the rental property, up to your nominated sums insured. It could suit you if you own a rental property that you’ve furnished.

Make a claim

The simple claims process is handled by QBE, and includes a dedicated claims handler.

Did you buy landlord insurance before 31 October 2020?

View contact details and information relating to your policy.

Australia Post home and motor insurance is issued and underwritten by QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited (ABN 78 003 191 035, AFSL 239545) (QBE). Australian Postal Corporation (ABN 28 864 970 579, AR No: 338646) is an authorised representative of Australia Post Services Pty Limited (ABN 67 002 599 340, AFSL 457551) which is acting (under its own AFSL) on behalf of QBE. Any advice provided is general only and has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and may not be right for you. To decide if this product is right for you, please read the relevant Combined Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement, and Target Market Determination. Any reference to value and competitiveness refers to an average market segment and may not include your specific circumstances.