Help protect the things you love most with our award-winning cover

Our award-winning contents insurance for renters and strata owner-occupiers helps to protect your most important possessions for things like fire, theft and water damage.

Our contents insurance is issued by QBE, one of the world’s largest insurers.

Are you a homeowner?

If you’re looking for contents-only insurance, choose this level of cover as part of our home and contents insurance for homeowners.

Why insure with us?

Award-winning cover

2022 Australian Canstar winner for Outstanding Value.

Great customer service

You’ll get wide-ranging benefits and outstanding customer care.

Straightforward claims process

If you need to make a claim, you’ll be supported every step of the way with a dedicated QBE claims handler.

What’s included with Contents Insurance?

Damage to your contents

We’ll cover your personal belongings inside your home if they’re lost or damaged by things like fire, theft and flood.

Electrical motor burnout cover

We’ll repair or replace appliances and white goods in your home if they’re damaged from burnout by an electrical current.

Cover when you move to a new home

This includes protection for your belongings at both your current and new home for up to 60 days.

Insured events for your contents

  • Fire, explosion, and burnout of electric motors

  • Theft, vandalism or malicious acts, and damage caused by riot

  • Weather events, including storm, storm surge, rain, hail, lightning and flood

  • Earthquake or tsunami

  • Glass breakage, collision, damage by animals or a falling tree

  • Water damage, such as a ruptured plumbing system

Upgrade your policy

Accidental damage

If you add this benefit, we’ll cover your belongings for damage caused by accident.

Portable contents

You can add this option if you need items covered away from home, for example, if you have an expensive bike or are worried about losing jewellery. It can also cover mobile phones, watches and laptops.

Need to make a claim?

You’re in good hands. The experts at QBE handle the claims process, and their team is here to help whenever you need them.

Did you buy contents insurance before 31 October 2020?

View contact details and information relating to your policy.

Australia Post home and motor insurance is issued and underwritten by QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited (ABN 78 003 191 035, AFSL 239545) (QBE). Australian Postal Corporation (ABN 28 864 970 579, AR No: 338646) is an authorised representative of Australia Post Services Pty Limited (ABN 67 002 599 340, AFSL 457551) which is acting (under its own AFSL) on behalf of QBE. Any advice provided is general only and has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and may not be right for you. To decide if this product is right for you, please read the relevant Combined Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement, and Target Market Determination. Any reference to value and competitiveness refers to an average market segment and may not include your specific circumstances.