Effective 1 May 2017
These terms and conditions set out the terms and conditions for your Australia Post Visa Prepaid Gift Card. It's important you read this document carefully.
The Australia Post Visa Prepaid Gift Card ('Card') is issued by Heritage Bank Limited ABN 32 087 652 024 AFSL 240984 Australian Credit Licence 240984 ('Issuer'). The Issuer can be contacted at PO Box 190, Toowoomba, QLD 4350, and phone 13 14 22. Australian Postal Corporation ABN 28 864 970 579 is the distributor of the Card and is responsible for providing various cardholder services. In these terms and conditions any reference to 'we' or 'us' is a reference to the Issuer; 'you' are the Card purchaser or user of the Card.
Card balance, transaction history and important notices about your Card are available at auspost.com.au/giftcards
1. By signing the back of the card, or using the Card, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. The Card must be signed and, if purchased online, activated in accordance with our instructions before use. You must give these terms and conditions to the user of the Card if it is not you. The Card remains our property. Once a Card has been signed neither it, nor the contract between you and us is transferable by you. The Card may only be used by the person who has signed it. We may transfer this contract to someone else.
2. The Card is available for purchase in fixed denominations of $50, $100 or $200.
3. The Card is a Visa Prepaid card that can be used for purchasing goods and services where Visa Prepaid cards are accepted for electronic transactions (excluding transactions at ATMs or over the counter at financial institutions). The Card is not a credit card and nor is it linked to a deposit account with us. Some merchants may choose not to accept Visa Prepaid cards. Merchants or other providers may impose limits on the use of your Card. We are not responsible if a merchant refuses to accept a Card. If you have a complaint or concern about goods or services purchased with your Card, you must resolve this directly with the merchant. Any refunds on Card transactions are subject to the policy of the specific merchant. Refunds may be in the form of a credit to the Card, cash refund or in-store credit. If the Card expires or is revoked before you have spent any funds resulting from a refund (whether or not the original transaction was made using the Card) then you will have no access to those funds.
4. The Card cannot be used to obtain or redeem cash (for example at ATMs or over the counter at financial institutions) and cannot be used for making direct debit, recurring or regular instalment payments. Authorisations may be declined at some merchants (such as gambling merchants or merchants who choose not to accept Visa Prepaid cards). We are not liable in any way when authorisation is declined for any particular transaction except where the authorisation has been declined because of an act or omission on our part. You may use the Card as often as you like until the available balance is spent or the Card has expired. The available balance cannot be exceeded. Where a purchase exceeds the available balance, you need to pay the excess using another payment method, if the merchant agrees. The Card can be used on more than one occasion but cannot be used to make transactions that exceed the available balance.
5. When using the Card with some merchants (such as hotels, taxis, rental cars, restaurants and cruise ships) or for mail order purchases, Card "tolerance limits" may apply. This means that the authorisation or approval obtained on the Card can be for an amount up to 20% or more than the total bill (or anticipated bill) to cover additional items such as tips and incidentals or to ensure that adequate funds are available to cover the final purchase. The entire amount of the authorisation or approval will be debited and will not form part of the available balance until the authorisation or approval clears, although only the amount actually spent or authorised will be finally deducted from the available balance after the authorisation or approval clears.
6. You may use the Card as often as you like until the available balance is spent or the Card has expired. The available balance cannot be exceeded. Where a purchase exceeds the available balance, you need to pay the excess using another payment method, if the merchant agrees. The Card can be used on more than one occasion but cannot be used to make transactions that exceed the available balance.
7. The Card is not reloadable and is valid until the expiry date shown on the front of the Card and cannot be used after expiry. Any remaining balance on the card at expiry will be forfeited. We will not give you any notice before this happens.
8. Card Fees