- We’re completely self-funded, and use our assets and resources for two clear purposes - to deliver a community service that connects all Australians no matter where they live, and to earn a profit that we use to pay dividends to the Commonwealth and reinvest in our business.
- We’re one of the most trusted brands in Australia, directly employing 35,000 across our integrated delivery, logistics, retail and eCommerce network. We have an extended workforce of 70,000 including contractors, sub-contractors, licensees and delivery partners.
- We facilitate 82 per cent of the nation’s eCommerce, and new financial and identity services are changing the role of our post offices.
While you might be used to us as part of your everyday life, there's more to us than meets the eye. In fact, there's a lot that might surprise you.
For example, did you know we delivered more than 3 billion items last year and we deliver to 11.9 million delivery points across Australia?
Here are some facts from our 2018 Annual Report.
- $134 million profit after tax.
- $6.88 billion total revenue, up 1 per cent.
- $83.1 million dividend declared for payment to our Shareholder.
- $404 million cost of meeting our community service obligation, fully funded.
- Processed more than 423 million payment transactions worth around $127 billion.
- Our unrivalled retail and delivery networks span the nation. With 4,356 post offices, we have the nation’s most extensive retail footprint – and we are the only company that delivers to all 11.9 million delivery points across Australia.
- Our network includes 15,085 street posting boxes, 7,000 motorbikes, 6,500 delivery vans, 2,600 trucks, 6 airline freighters, 500 facilities and 325 parcel lockers.
- Over 3 billion items delivered annually, with more than 1.3 million parcels being delivered every day.
- Our peak delivery day was 17 December 2018, when three million parcels were delivered across the country.
- 235.7 million retail visits and 276.8 million online customer visits in 2017/18.
- Delivered 92.5 per cent of our customers' parcels first time.
- Surpassed our 94 per cent on time target in delivering letters, with a result of 98.5 per cent.
- 10.9 per cent parcels growth, 10.1 per cent letters decline in 2017/18.
- Achieved an NPS of 17.1 (uncalibrated), +5.8 points since 2016/17.
- $7.4 million spent with social and indigenous enterprises.
- Contributed $593 million in government taxes, duties and dividends.
- Achieved gender pay parity for the second year running.
- Achieved gender equality in our Executive Team with 55.6 per cent female representation.
- Employee engagement of 60 per cent.
- $3.05 billion distributed in salaries and benefits.
- $442 million paid to licensees.
- 40 per cent of parcels delivered by posties.
- Began to migrate posties from motorbikes to safer three-wheeled electric vehicles.
- Launched our three year safety strategy reinforcing our commitment to minimising all risks to the physical safety, mental health and wellbeing of our workforce, our customers and the community.
- Launched our warehousing and fulfilment startup Fulfilio.
- Digital iD™ won the Consumer Markets category in the 2018 Victorian State iAwards and the Federal Government category of the iTnews Benchmark Awards.
- Introduced Text Your Choice, offering more delivery options to customers, with 2.7 million text notifications sent each month.
- Invested $316.5 million in strategic projects and asset replacement.
- Worked with entrepreneurs and online sellers to improve the online shopping experience and create new solutions for their customers.
- Recycled or reused 14,506 tonnes of materials.
- Annual savings of 3,977 tonnes of carbon against 2017.
- Launched our inaugural Environmental Action Plan 2018–2020
- Reduced carbon emissions from electricity by 3 per cent since 2016/17.
- Installed the largest (at the time) on-roof solar system in the Southern Hemisphere, at Sydney Parcel Facility.
- Introduced three-wheeled electric delivery vehicles to our fleet. These vehicles can carry three times the volume of parcels of our postie motorbikes, holding up to 100 small parcels and 1,200 letters at a time.
- Many of our posties have chosen to swap their motorbikes for pushbikes and electric bikes over the last few years. As well as reducing emissions, this also helped to improve the health and wellbeing of our people.
If you need help, or have a question about our products or services, please contact us.
Media enquiries only
Please contact the Australia Post National Media Line on 03 9106 6666.