In financial year 2023 we delivered more than 2.5 billion items around the country and had more than 202 million visits from members of the Australian community to our Post Office network.
Australia Post employs people of all ages, genders and abilities in our extended workforce of more than 63,000, reflecting the diverse communities in which we operate. We are proud that three per cent of our workforce identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people, and we are the largest Australian employer to be certified as a Disability Confident Recruiter.
Find out more about Australia Post from our financial year 2023 Annual Report (PDF 8.71MB).
As a Government Business Enterprise (GBE), Australia Post is a self-funded business with both commercial and Community Service Obligations. Any profit we earn is either used to pay a dividend to our shareholder (the Australian Government) or reinvested in our assets and services, so that we’re equipped to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities and can deliver a better tomorrow for another 200 years.
- Group revenue: $8.97 billion
- Group loss before tax: $200.3 million
- Parcels and Services revenue: $7.3 billion
- Letters volumes: 2.0 billion
- Letters business losses: $384.1 million
- Invested $343 million in the network to support parcels growth to make Australia Post more sustainable
Our unrivalled retail and delivery networks span the nation.
- With 4,271 Post Offices, we have one of Australia’s largest retail footprints – and 2,507 of these Post Offices are in regional Australia
- Our network includes:
- 14,934 street posting boxes
- 4,144 in-service motorcycles
- 3,526 delivery vans, trucks and utes
- 5,098 electric delivery vehicles
- 57,000+ parcel lockers
- We deliver to 12.7 million delivery points across Australia
- More than 2.5 billion items were processed in FY23, and we delivered more than 69 million articles internationally
- We purchased 500 new electric delivery vehicles (eDVs) in FY23
- 202 million visits to our Post Office network
- 813 million customer digital visits
- 234,000 small businesses supported with MyPost Business
- 2.8m items delivered on a single day (in December 2022)
- $42+ million spent with social enterprises and Indigenous businesses
- Three million prepaid postcards promoting Beyond Blue's mental health support services delivered to regional households
- 109,860 books delivered to children in remote First Nations communities; 388,000 since 2020
- 508 grants supporting community organisations across Australia
- We directly employ a workforce of more than 34,000 team members (excluding casuals and contractors). Overall, we have more than 63,000 team members and extended workforce in our delivery, retail and operational networks
- In FY23 we launched our Accessibility and Inclusion Plan 2023-25, to support accessible employment, products, services and places for everyone. We were recognised as the Number One Top Performer in the Australian Network on Disability’s Access & Inclusion Index 2023
- Three per cent of our workforce are of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background. Australia Post is committed to improving the representation of Indigenous peoples across our workforce and participated in the (Minderoo Foundation) Generation One, 2022 Indigenous Employment Index
- 36.7 per cent of our workforce are female, 5.7 per cent live with disability, 3.6 per cent identify as LGBTQIA and 32 per cent are from a culturally and linguistically diverse background
- Our employees represent 148 nationalities
- Following a successful trial period, Australia Post is reducing our use of paper attempted delivery cards by switching to digital notifications for all MyPost customers
- We are reimagining our Post Office network to continue to meet the needs of customers and communities by piloting community hubs. Orange Post Office is our first pilot, with the Hub expected to be fully trading in the second half of the 2023 calendar year
- 5.7m Auspost app users, visiting the app on average 12 times a month
- Australia Post supports the Australian Government’s commitment to Net Zero by 2050
- Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions have all reduced, a first since 2019
- Overall emissions reduction totalling 10 per cent (since baseline 2019)
- 27 per cent increase in our own solar generation year-on-year
- Reduced our waste to landfill by 27 per cent year-on-year
- Recycling rate has increased to 69 per cent of total waste
- Australia's largest electric delivery fleet, with 5,098 electric delivery vehicles
- 200 million parcels delivered carbon neutral since 2019
- First sustainability bond launched in FY23
If you need help, or have a question about our products or services, please contact us.
Media enquiries only
Please contact the Australia Post National Media Line on 03 9106 6666.