- We’re completely self-funded, and use our assets and resources for two clear purposes - to deliver a community service that connects all Australians no matter where they live, and to earn a profit that we use to pay dividends to the Commonwealth and reinvest in our business.
- We’re one of the most trusted brands in Australia, directly employing 35,000 across our integrated delivery, logistics, retail and eCommerce network. We have an extended workforce of 70,000 including contractors, sub-contractors, licensees and delivery partners.
- We facilitate 82 per cent of the nation’s eCommerce, and new financial and identity services are changing the role of our post offices.
While you might be used to us as part of your everyday life, there's more to us than meets the eye. In fact, there's a lot that might surprise you.
For example, did you know we delivered more than 3 billion items last year and we deliver to 11.9 million delivery points across Australia?
Here are some facts from our 2018 Annual Report.
- $134 million profit after tax.
- $6.88 billion total revenue, up 1 per cent.
- $83.1 million dividend declared for payment to our Shareholder.
- $404 million cost of meeting our community service obligation, fully funded.
- Processed more than 423 million payment transactions worth around $127 billion.
- Our unrivalled retail and delivery networks span the nation. With 4,356 post offices, we have the nation’s most extensive retail footprint – and we are the only company that delivers to all 11.9 million delivery points across Australia.
- Our network includes 15,085 street posting boxes, 7,000 motorbikes, 6,500 delivery vans, 2,600 trucks, 6 airline freighters, 500 facilities and 325 parcel lockers.
- Over 3 billion items delivered annually, with more than 1.3 million parcels being delivered every day.
- Our peak delivery day was 17 December 2018, when three million parcels were delivered across the country.