- American Samoa (U.S. Samoa)1
- Republic of Cyprus
- Czech Republic
- Federated States of Micronesia1
- Hong Kong
- Marshall Islands1
- Northern Mariana Island (Saipan)1
- Palau (Caroline Island)1
- Puerto Rico1
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
- US Virgin Islands1
What items do EAD apply to?
EAD applies to any item requiring a customs form to be completed. This means all articles and express letters sent to the destination countries above will need EAD.
What do I need to do?
We encourage you to complete the online customs form before heading in-store to save time.
If you’re only sending 1-2 items, you have two online options:
- If you know the weight of your item, use MyPost to fill out your customs declaration, print and pay for your postage label online, then lodge your article at your local Post Office or via a Street Posting Box, or
- Use our online customs form and provide the required information to generate a reference ID which you can bring to your local Post Office. This form is ideal if you don’t know the weight of your item, and/or you want to print the customs label and pay in-store.
You can print the customs form yourself or have it printed in store when you’re ready to send.
What happens if EAD is not provided?
Items sent without EAD to countries that require it may be delayed in delivery, held by customs or returned to sender. US regulations permit their authorities to automatically return any items without EAD. As EAD is required to be captured and transmitted for goods sent via Parcels and Express Letters, it is important that goods are not sent as Economy Air Letters as these will be deemed non-compliant. Any Economy Air letters containing goods may be held by customs or returned to sender.
What if I’m sending a lot of items overseas?
If you’re sending a lot of items overseas frequently, use MyPost Business to fill out your customs declaration, print and pay for your postage label online. Use the bulk import function to create shipments quickly, and save on sending if you send more than 8 qualifying parcels over 8 weeks.
I’ve filled out the customs declaration online. What do I do next?
If you’ve filled out our online customs form, you’ll receive a QR code by email or SMS. Show this QR code or Customs Reference ID number to our team at the Post Office when lodging and paying for your article.