Special delivery for the vision-impaired
Sending a parcel or letter that helps the blind? In most cases, you can send it for free. For domestic letters, eligible items must weigh no more than 500g, and domestic parcels must be under 22kg. For international articles, please refer to the International post guide.
Check what items are eligible on the list below.
- Correspondence, documents or literature written in completely in embossed characters as used by the blind, such as Braille or Moon
- Aids for the teaching of Braille
- Plates for embossing literature for the blind
- Special paper intended solely for the blind, on the condition that any communication on the paper is wholly in Braille or Moon
- Any form of speech recording for use by the blind
- Large print products
- The sender and/or the recipient must be a blind person, or
- The sender and/or the recipient must be an organisation we recognise as serving the needs of blind people
Send your items in 3 easy steps
- Check the eligibility criteria of your article
- Make sure the delivery or return address is written on the outside of your article
- Attach an 'Articles for the Blind' label (available at Post Offices), or write the words 'Materials for Use of the Blind' on your article