A gift guide to Mother’s Day on a budget
Trying to figure out what to get Mum for Mother’s Day can be a tough gig, especially when she says “don’t spend your money, I don’t need anything”. But we all know Mum loves getting something sweet and thoughtful. It’s the best time of the year to celebrate the most important women in your life, so I’ve put together a round-up of my favourite gifts for Mum (or partner, wife, Grandmother) that caters to every budget. Get inspired and get Mother’s Day sorted before Sunday 12 May.
1. Mums love jewellery. Whether she likes to make a statement or prefers a simple stud Hello Hemi have some affordable pieces starting from just $10.
2. Move over boring old lanyards – Chuckle & Wood have some beautiful and practical pieces that are sure to impress.
3. If you’re Mum loves to whip up a delicious dessert or an amazing vegie lasagne, Australia Post have some fantastic cookbooks for $19.99.
My top 3 picks:
4. The Maxim Coffee and Spice Grinder is the perfect compact kitchen accessory that grinds herbs, spices, nuts and coffee from and only $19.99 from Australia Post.
5. Perfect for bad hair days (not that we would ever admit if Mum had one) Top Knot Girl headbands are all $25 (and under). Plus they have headbands for your little one.
TIP: Become a VIP and get 10% off your order.
6. If your wife or Mum loves a good cup of coffee, the team at Small Print Design have a “Mama Keep Cup” for $22.95 each. You can also get a matching Mini Keep Cup for $15.95 for her little sidekick.
7. The Grab & Go Goodness Try Me Kit from Cosmetics Fragrance Direct is $24.95 (includes Chia Seed Oil, Every Day Cream Cleanser, Face Scrub, Moisturiser and Evening Cream).
8. Wine Sippy Cup – a perfect little ad-on for just $11.95 from Myer.
9. If Mum loves jewellery, this Luxe Jewellery Box from Australia Post is just $19.99.
10. This 6-piece Oil Diffuser set is a great addition to the home that Mum will love, and only, $24.99.
TIP: Most businesses have a bargain/clearance/sale section on their website. Always check this first before browsing through the most recent items. You may just find something you’re looking for that’s on sale.
1. This Cosmetic Bag from My Bebe Cadum is a great extra pressie that your Mum will love.
2. The most appropriate t-shirts for any new Mum. Grab a Mummy Tee from Day Dot for $34.95.
3. The perfect handbag accessory is the Finishing Touch Flawless, for fast, easy and painless hair removal. Just $39.99 from Australia Post.
5. If you think your Mum won’t like the Short Boots, she will definitely love a Personalised Professional Make-up Case from Rubi – just $42.95.
6. Flowers are beautiful, but it’s a shame to see them wilt away. But I’ve found some stunning faux bouquets that Mum can keep forever. My favourite is the Pink Hydrangea Bouquet for $49.95 from Faking Beautiful.
TIP: Sign up to get 10% off your first order.
7. A pressie any Mum would love is the Natio Loving Care Mother’s Day Gift Set from Myer for $29.95.
8. The Hauffman Davis 5.5 Litre Slow Cooker from Australia Post is a great gift for any Mum who loves to cook, and it’s only $39.99.
9. Mum will save so much time in the morning with the Hairology brush from Australia Post. It helps to revive, refresh and restore your hair in between washes – just $49.95.
10. The humble Pie Maker has made a big comeback with Facebook pages dedicated to all the things you can make in them. The Mistral 4 Pie Maker is $32.99 at Australia Post.
Top under $50 pick
The perfect addition to any woman’s jewellery collection is the right storage solution. Hello to Bon Maxie and their range of earring boards. Their amazing designs come in different styles and sizes – you’re sure to find one to suit your Mum’s tastes. Prices vary, with the average board around $28.
1. In my opinion, one of the best kitchen appliances on the market would have to be the Air Fryer. You can do so much; from cooking fish and chips to baking a cake! The Thomson™ 3.5 Litre Air Fryer is only $89 from Australia Post.
2. The Pretty in Pink Gift Pack from Britt & Co includes Key Ring, Earrings, Candle, Lipgloss, Notepad, Scrunchie and Chocolate – all this for $100.
3. Mum will love the Wildflower Pink Diffuser from Ash & Maison $64.95.
4. Does your Mum have everything she needs? If so, hampers are a great gift idea. Australia Post have some great options, and deliver for free within Australia.
My top 3 picks:
5. This 8-Bottle Thermoelectric Wine Cooler from Kogan is super compact, stylish, and only $99.
7. Mums love to make their home look and feel beautiful. Zanui have an amazing range of homewares that Mum will love, like the Milo Cotton Knitted Throw.
TIP: Subscribe to Zanui’s newsletter to get $10 off your first $99+ order.
8. If you have a tech savvy Mum, she will love the Amazon Echo Dot Gen 3 from Australia Post, just $79.
9. No need for bulky massage chairs, grab Mum the Cordless U Comfy Pro from Australia Post for just $99.
10. My top pick for under $100: the Folding Wine Table for $99.95 from Indi Tribe Collective.
TIP: Many online stores now offer Afterpay. Instead of paying upfront, select Afterpay at the checkout to pay in instalments, but get your purchase up-front. Always check the terms and conditions so you understand any late payment fees or extra charges.
Last minute gift ideas
Australia Post offers a great range of flowers for Mother’s Day. The Thank You For Everything bouquet is perfectly named for showing Mum how much she means – $99 and delivered for free within Australia.
There are over a hundred different Magazine Subscriptions available through Australia Post. Sign Mum up for the gift that gives all year long.
My top 3 picks:
Give Mum the chance to treat herself with a gift card from one of her favourite stores or restaurants. My top gift card pick is the Ultimate For Her Gift Card which can be used at David Jones, Seed, Napoleon Perdis, Bras N Things, L’Occitane and Lorna Jane – available in $50 or $100 denominations.
Mother’s Day Card
You’ve got Mum an amazing present, don’t forget to grab a card from your local Post Office. If you’re sending your gift off to Mum, make it extra special with a Personalised Stamp.
If you’ve left your Mother’s Day shopping till the last minute, you can always shop, pack and send your gift at your local Post Office. It’s as easy as:
Pick a present and card, don't forget to write your Mum a note to thank her for being amazing.
Pick out a suitable gift box or mailing box, you're nearly done.
Don't stress, you can choose from standard1 or next business-day2, and same business-day3 delivery.