Things to check
If you are trying to find a missing or late mail item, there are a few things you can check in the first instance.
If the article was sent using a tracked service, use our track your item tool to check its status.
- Address details
Check the address details with the sender to make sure the item was correctly addressed.
- Card received
Check if an 'Item Awaiting Collection' or 'Safe Drop' card has been left in the letterbox or under the recipient's door.
- Accepted by others
Check if anyone else at the address has accepted or signed for the item.
- Delivery times
Check delivery times to see when the item should be received.
Following these steps, if you believe your item is missing, please submit a missing item enquiry so that we can investigate.
Submitting an enquiry
Items scanned as 'delivered'
The addressee should lodge a delivery issue enquiry if the item is showing in our track tool or via a track advice email as 'delivered' but has not been received.
All other items
The sender of the item should lodge a missing or late item enquiry form according to the following timeframes:
- If an Express Post item is more than 1 day late
- If any other item is more than 3 days late
- If an International Courier item is more than 2 days late
- If an International Express item is more than 5 days late
- If an International Standard, Registered Post International or International Economy Air item with Extra Cover is more than 15 days late
- If an International Economy Sea or International Economy Air item without Extra Cover is more than 90 days late
- we are unable to accept missing item enquiries, or commence investigations, before these specified times.
- all queries regarding lost or missing items must be made by the sender of the item.
Frequently asked questions