31 January 2013
Each quarter, 1,000 Australians are surveyed online regarding their attitudes towards mail, including what mail they receive, what they open and read, and their preferred channels for receiving various messages.
- The average Australian recalls receiving 8.2 pieces of mail addressed to them in one week.
- The average Australian recalls receiving 11.1 pieces of mail unaddressed mail in the same period.
- The average time spent opening and reading mail is three minutes.
- Recipients open 98 per cent of their mail and read 72 per cent of the addressed mail they receive.
- On average, 84 per cent read mail on the day it is delivered.
- Business owners read 74 per cent of the addressed mail they receive.
- Existing customers prefer to receive communication via print mail across 10 of 14 sectors.