Alter or cancel your service

Changing or cancelling your service is easy:

Make sure you take with you a copy of your original application and receipt, as well as sufficient proof of identity.

Extend your service

You can extend your personal or business service online or at any Post Office. Find out how to extend your service

Make a change when you're away

To keep your information safe, we only let the person who lodged the original application submit the Alter or Cancel form (516kb).

If you're overseas or can't get to a Post Office, you can provide written authority to have someone lodge the form on your behalf.

Add or remove names

Any person can add or remove their own name or that of a dependant aged under 18 years (if they have the necessary authority).

Simply complete an Alter or Cancel form (516kb) (2 copies if you have downloaded the form from this site) and lodge it in person at any Post Office.

Change your redirection address

If you'd like to change your Mail Redirection service to a different address, you'll need to cancel your existing service, lodge a new application and pay any cancellation fees.

Refunds and cancellation fees

If you decide to cancel your Mail Redirection or Mail Holding service, you may be entitled to a refund.

To cancel your service, you will need to complete an Alter or Cancel form (516kb) and lodge it in person at any Post Office.

Cancellation fees may apply (see the tables below).