How to make a claim
If you need to make a car insurance claim for any reason, simply call the claims team on 1300 885 996.
They're available to help Monday to Friday, between 8am and 8pm (AEST), and Saturday between 8am and 2pm (AEST).
If you have an accident
- Move yourself and any passengers to a safe place, especially if you're on a busy road.
- Call 000 if anyone has been hurt, the road is blocked, or if the other party refuses to stop or exchange details.
- If safe to do so, take photos of the accident scene.
- Write down the following details about the other party or parties involved:
• phone number
• vehicle registration
• licence number
• insurance details
• statement of what happened
If there are any witnesses, ask for their name, address and phone number as well.
Call our Claims Team on 1300 885 996. We'll help you get a tow truck if you car can't be driven, find alternative transport to get you home safely, and start the claims process so you can be back on the road quickly.
Always refer to the Product Disclosure Statement for full details of the cover available.
- * This online discount offer only applies to the premium paid for a new Gold Comprehensive car insurance policy initiated on or after 26 March 2015, and purchased online. The discount is taken from the premium that you would pay for a Gold Comprehensive motor vehicle insurance policy when a quote is obtained over the phone. Base rate premiums are subject to change. It does not apply to any renewal offer of insurance or fees (as outlined in the Financial Services Guide (FSG) (316kb)). You will be responsible for all applicable GST and other statutory charges. We reserve the right to shorten or extend the period the discount is offered and vary the amount of the discount.
- Australian Postal Corporation ABN 28 864 970 579 (AR No. 338646) "APC" is the distributor of Australia Post Comprehensive Car Insurance and acts as an Authorised Representative of Australia Post Services Pty Ltd ABN 67 002 599 340 (AFSL No. 457551) "APS". Because APC or APS don't know your financial needs, we can't advise if this insurance will suit you. You should consider your needs and read the FSG and Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) before making a decision to buy this insurance. Auto and General Services ABN 61 003 617 909 (AFSL 241411) "AGS" arranges the insurance on behalf of Auto & General Insurance Company Ltd ABN 42 111 5 86 353 (AFSL No. 285 571) "AGIC", the issuer of the policy. AGS pays APC a commission which is a percentage of your premium. Neither APC nor APS accept liability or guarantee payment of any claim or benefit in respect of the AGIC's products.