3 easy steps to get your NSW CTP online now

  1. Enter your personal details and information about the car you’re registering. We’ll look this up at Transport for NSW.
  2. Confirm the details recorded by Transport for NSW.
  3. Answer a few quick questions and we’ll finalise your quote.

We offer Green Slips backed by QBE that are great value for money, providing drivers in New South Wales with essential, reliable insurance. If you're aged 30 or over with zero demerits you may qualify for a Good Driver Discount.

Ready to go?

How it works

CTP Green Slip insurance is mandatory – you need it to register your car in New South Wales.

If you, or anyone driving your car, causes an accident in which someone else is injured your Green Slip covers the cost of their compensation claim. This includes other drivers, passengers, pedestrians, cyclists and motorcycle riders. It doesn’t cover damage to your, or anyone else's, vehicle or property – for that you'll need car insurance.

Need more cover?

Find out about our comprehensive and third party car insurance policies.

CTP and Green Slips explained

CTP insurance (known as a Green Slip in New South Wales) covers the cost of third party compensation claims, if you, or anyone driving your car, causes an accident in which someone else is injured.

Third parties who could claim against you include your passengers and other road users such as pedestrians, motorcyclists, cyclists, other drivers and their passengers.

Australia Post Services Pty Limited (ABN 67 002 599 340) and Australian Postal Corporation (ABN 28 864 970 579) are authorised to distribute CTP in NSW on behalf of QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited (ABN 78 003 191 035) (QBE). QBE holds a CTP licence and issues your policy.