29 May 2020
With our business adapting to the challenges the current pandemic presents, our normal practice of delivery has been impacted.
There are delivery delays in our network due to:
- reduction in air freight capacity and passenger flights (which also carry our parcels)
- a significant increase in parcels volumes, many which require manual sorting
- hygiene and social distancing requirements in our network (such as social distancing through zoning, dedicated shift start times to reduce cross over of workers)
Our tracking tool provides you with the most accurate guidance on estimated delivery dates and advises you of any delays while your parcel is in transit. StarTrack customers should visit the StarTrack tracking tool.
What we're doing
- Operating our processing and delivery services seven days a week for the last four weeks
- Chartered an additional eight freighter flights, increasing this to 17 dedicated air freighter flights per day
- Repurposed and opened 15 new processing and delivery facilities
- Hiring more than 600 casual staff into our network and call centres and currently redeploying 2000 posties to deliver more parcels
- Moving more parcels through our road network (to accommodate domestic flight restrictions)
- Exploring all available transport alternatives and options, and working with the Australian Government, to minimise impacts for customers
In some cases, we're having to process and deliver from an alternate location and customers may notice when tracking their parcel, that it is coming from a different location to what they are used to.
Our people continue to work tirelessly under difficult circumstances, so we’re asking everyone to be kind and treat our dedicated people with the courtesy and respect they deserve – whether it be in a call centre, Post Office or dropping your delivery off. Aggressive and abusive behaviour towards our people will not be tolerated. Thank you for your patience.