- Log in to the Western Union Money Transfer Service and choose 'Send money now'. (If you don't have an account, you can register for free.)1
- Enter your transfer amount and select a destination country
- Choose your preferred delivery method
- Enter your receiver's details
- Pay for your transfer
- You'll receive a confirmation email with the transfer number (MTCN). If you've chosen 'Cash pick-up' as the delivery method, you'll need to share this transfer number with the receiver.
- Send Money
- Receive money
- Track a transfer
- Support & FAQs
Send money overseas with Western Union®
Three ways to send your money
Choose the most convenient option for you to send money to your loved ones.
Cash pick-up (Money in Minutes2 service)
- The receiver can collect the money as cash from a Western Union® Agent location.
- There is no extra fee for reviewer and money is available to pick-up in minutes2
- Receiver doesn't need a bank account
- Collect money from nearly 500,000 Western Union Agent locations in more than 200 countries3 and territories
To a bank account
The money is credited directly to the receiver's bank account.
- No need for the receiver to visit an Agent location
- Competitive fees and foreign exchange rates
- No receiver fee4 [beneficiary deduct] - The fee is paid by the sender, unlike bank transfers there are no costly surprises.
- Speed - Funds deposited into the account within 1-3 business days2
- Money in minutes to selected banks in Philippines, India and China2. Visit the Western Union website for details.
- Available to over 505 countries, with transfer fees from $46.
To a mobile phone
The money is sent straight to a mobile wallet linked to the receiver's phone number. This service is available to selected countries and mobile operators.7
- All you need is the receiver's name and phone number
- SMS notification when the money is delivered
How to send money overseas
Click on the red text below for a step-by-step guide to sending money overseas with Western Union.