We guarantee next business day delivery if you post your item within our Express Post next business day delivery network on a business day (Monday to Friday) and meet the Express Post service conditions.1
To ensure your item is delivered next business day, make sure:
- it's addressed correctly, and according to the checklist on the back of your Express Post envelope or satchel
- the Aviation Security and Dangerous Goods declaration is signed
- it meets any specific conditions for your chosen service standard, such as weight restrictions
- it is lodged by the required time:
- at any Post Office
- in an Express Post yellow street posting box
- a pickup is arranged as per required timeframes.2
The next guaranteed day of delivery for Express Post items posted before closing time on the business day before a public holiday will be the next business day after a public holiday. This applies for all items sent to and from locations within the national and state Express Post networks.
Please note: If you post your Express Post item in a red street posting box or Parcel Locker, it will delay delivery and void the Next Business Day Guarantee.
If your Express Post envelope, satchel, or parcel isn't delivered as promised, we'll refund the sender of the article the cost of posting. Please contact us to make a claim.
Please note that items lodged in yellow Street Posting Boxes will be eligible for the Express Post next-day guarantee where our scan verifies that the item was lodged before the cut off time on that day.
You can't send dangerous goods by Express Post. These are goods classified by the Civil Aviation Authority as dangerous, and include:
- flammable materials
- radioactive materials
- aerosols, and
- lithium batteries.
You must sign the Aviation Security and Dangerous Goods declaration on the front of your Express Post satchel or parcel, otherwise it may be returned to you for your signature or forwarded by road.
Frequently asked questions