Travel insurance for uni students
School's out! Uni holidays are here! Whether it's the gap year you've been planning for months or the relaxing break that got you through those last exams, there's nothing more rewarding than taking off on a trip after studying.
While we know it's much more exciting to think about the things you'll be doing and seeing on your getaway, we recommend taking a moment to think about your insurance options.
Choosing the right travel insurance policy will give you access to help when you're away, when and where you need it. It can mean all the difference between a total disaster and a minor hiccup.
The details. What's the cost?
Let's be real. No one wants to spend unnecessary cash in the lead up to their holiday. Whether it's through the school or the university semester, you've saved- your money should be going towards the things you want to do on your trip. That's why we offer options to tailor your cover, so you can be covered for what matters to you- without all the costly extras.
What's actually covered?
Staying on budget doesn't mean compromising on quality. With our comprehensive travel insurance policies, you get*:
- $Unlimited overseas medical and dental**
- $Unlimited additional accommodation and transportation expenses
- $Unlimited amendment or cancellation cover
- $7,500^ cover for luggage and $5,000 for travel documents (with options to increase item limits)
- Up to $750^ delayed luggage allowance
Do you have to pay extra for activities?
Ballooning over Cappadocia? White water rafting in Thailand? Why not? We know that travel is all about new experiences, that's why we provide you cover for a range of activities at no additional premium. Our plans automatically include cover for:
- Bungy jumping
- White water rafting
- Working holidays
For a full list of activities and related conditions, check out our Product Disclosure Statement (PDF).
Want more? Benefits to make your travel smoother!
We understand getting more bang for your buck. And once you've signed up, you don't want to be hit with extra costs or hidden fees. That's why everything you need to know about travelling with an Australia Post policy is clear and upfront. We provide lots of extra value:
Our Travel GP services#, connecting you to an Australian-based doctor wherever you are in the world; and
Our 24/7 Emergency Assistance centre for help with anything from lost travel documents to missing your flight.
Holiday countdown on? Find out more about comprehensive travel insurance
Before you take off, be sure to get your travel insurance policy sorted. We always encourage you to read the Combined FSG/PDS (PDF) to ensure you understand your policy and what you are covered for.
- ^ Sub-limits apply. Refer to the combined FSG/PDS (596kb) for full details.
- * Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Policies may not be available to all travellers.
- # Travel GP services do not form part of your travel insurance policy. It is a service offered to customers at Travel Insurance Partners' costs and at our sole discretion. Your circumstances including age, location, medical condition or issue, proximity to appropriate medical care and medical history will also be considered.
- ** Medical and dental cover will not exceed 12 months from the onset of the illness, injury or condition.
- This advice is general in nature, and doesn't consider your needs or personal situation. You should consider your own needs and the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) before making a decision to buy the product.
- Limits, sub-limits, conditions, exclusions and fees apply. Policies may not be available to all travellers. Australian Postal Corporation (ABN 28 864 970 579, AR No 338646) is the distributor of Australia Post Travel Insurance and is an Authorised Representative of Australia Post Services Pty Ltd (ABN 67 002 599 340 AFSL 457551). Travel insurance products are underwritten by Zurich Australian Insurance Limited (ABN 13 000 296 640, AFSL 232507). Consider your financial situation, needs and objectives and read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement before deciding to buy this insurance. Download a copy of the combined FSGS/PDS (596kb) , or for our In-store international Travel Insurance policies, contact us on 1300 728 015, email email@example.com or obtain a copy in-store.