Make a claim
We make it easy for you to make a claim when you get home.
We also have a dedicated team on hand 24 hours a day to help you with any emergencies that may arise while you're away.
How to make a claim
To lodge your travel insurance claim when you get home, simply:
- Download our claim form
- Complete and submit the form - along with any original receipts and supporting documents - to: Australia Post Claims
Travel Insurance Partners
PO Box 168
North Sydney NSW 2060
We'll process your claim as quickly as possible, and you'll hear from us within 10 business days of receiving your claim.
View documentation required Click to expand Click to collapse
We will need original documents to process your claim, such as:
- medical or police reports
- transport provider reports for lost or delayed luggage
- receipts or invoices
- We are unable to process claims without relevant supporting documentation
- Each type of insurance claim may require a different type of documentation
- We'll always advise you in regard to this and you should follow the checklists on the claim form
Need emergency assistance while travelling?
We offer 24 hour emergency assistance worldwide.
Complaints resolution and escalation
We will always endeavour to deal promptly and fairly with all complaints.
If you are unhappy with the outcome of your claim, you can escalate the matter as follows:
- Refer our decision to the Customer Relations Team, who have independent decision making authority
- If you aren't satisfied with this resolution, your claim will be referred to Great Lakes Australia
- If this doesn't resolve the matter, you can contact the Financial Ombudsman Service, the industry's independent external complaints scheme
This advice is general in nature, and doesn't consider your personal situation. You should consider your own needs and the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) before making a decision to buy the product.
Limits, conditions, exclusions and fees apply. Policies may not be available to all travellers. Australian Postal Corporation ABN 28 864 970 579 (AR No 338646) is the distributor of Australia Post Travel Insurance and is an Authorised Representative of Australia Post Services Pty Ltd ABN 67 002 599 340 (AFSL No. 457551). Insurance products are issued by Great Lakes Australia ARBN 127 740 532, ABN 18 964 580 576, AFSL No. 318603. Review your own needs and the relevant Product Disclosure Statement before deciding to buy this insurance. Download a copy of the combined FSG/PDS (548kb) here, or for our In-store international Travel Insurance policy download a copy of the $6 a day Travel Insurance Product Disclosure Statement (388kb) here or the $10 a day Travel Insurance Product Disclosure Statement (444kb) here, or contact us on 1300 728 015 or email firstname.lastname@example.org