The following links change the content below them.
Going on holiday or spending time away from your business? We can hold your mail for you while you're away and deliver it the next business day after you return.
You can have your mail held for any period, up to a maximum of 12 months.
Applying is quick and easy
How you apply to have your mail held depends on the type of application. Please ensure you have suitable proof of identity documents handy for both online and in-store applications.
- Personal mail Apply online by using the 'apply now' button below or in person at a Post Office using a Mail Hold application form.
- Concession rate Apply in person at a Post Office using a Mail Hold application form with proof of your concession eligibility.
- Business or Government mail Apply in person at a Post Office using a Mail Hold application form.
Please allow 3 full business days for us to process your application before your Mail Hold service can commence.
Want to hold personal mail?*
Visit how to apply for our Mail Hold service for more information.
Fast online travel insurance
Check out our range of affordable international and domestic plans.
Get a quote online and you can be covered in minutes.
* Eligible concession card holders must apply in person at a Post Office to receive the concession rate.
Mail hold pricing
|Mail type||First week||Additional weeks||Flat monthly fee|
|Government or business||-||-||$60.25|
Government or business mail Click to expand Click to collapse
Business and government rates are applicable for:
- bankrupt or insolvent businesses
- government bodies or institutions
- company trusts
- individual trustees and self managed superannuation funds
- schools - private or public
- where both personal and business mail are being redirected from one address
Concessional rate mail Click to expand Click to collapse
If you hold an eligible concession card, or you're listed as a dependant on a concession card, you are eligible for a reduced fee.
For the concession rate to apply, the application must only include eligible concession card holders and their dependants (as listed on the card).
You will need to apply in person at any post office and bring proof of identity of the person lodging the application, as per the requirements for personal mail redirection, PLUS one of the below as proof of your concession status:
- Pensioner Concession Card
- Health Care Card (all types)
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
- Department of Veterans' Affairs Card
- Veterans' Repatriation Health Card
- MyPost Concession Card
This card has the cardholder's name printed on it. If the application form is for multiple persons at the same address, a valid concession card must be produced for each individual.
Please note: Redirection of a deceased persons' mail is provided at no charge for up to 12 months. You may be required to provide relevant documentation such as a letter of probate or administration.
You may be eligible for a refund if you cancel your mail holding service.
How to apply for our Mail Hold service
Applying in person
- Download and print an Application to Hold Mail form (791kb) or pick one up from a post office
- Complete the form (2 copies if you've downloaded it from this site)
- Lodge the form in person at any of our post offices, along with your payment and proof of identity
- Keep your receipt and customer copy of the application form (you'll need your customer reference number if you wish to make any changes to the service)