The following links change the content below them.
Going on holiday or spending time away from your business? We can hold your mail for you while you're away and deliver it the next business day after you return.
Apply in person
If you're applying on behalf of a business, government department, deceased person, or claiming a concession rate, please lodge your application in person.
Please note: It will take us 3 full business days to process your application before your Mail Hold service starts.
Mail hold pricing
|Mail type||First week||Additional weeks||Flat monthly fee|
|Government or business||-||-||$56.85|
Government or business mail Click to expand Click to collapse
Business and government rates are applicable for:
- bankrupt or insolvent businesses
- government bodies or institutions
- company trusts
- individual trustees and self managed superannuation funds
- schools - private or public
- where both personal and business mail are being redirected from one address
Concessional rate mail Click to expand Click to collapse
If you hold an eligible concession card, or you're listed as a dependant on a concession card, you are eligible for a reduced fee. You will need to apply in person at any retail outlet and show us one of the below items as proof of your concession status:
- Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card (PCC)
- Department of Veteran Affairs Pensioner Concession Card (DVA-PCC)
- Centrelink Health Care Card - type SA only (HCC-type SA)
- Proof of identity of the person lodging the application, as per the requirements for personal mail redirection Please note: Redirection of a deceased persons mail is provided at no charge for up to 12 months, provided a member of the deceased person's family or the executor or administrator of the estate can provide a letter of probate or administration.
You may be eligible for a refund if you cancel your mail holding service.
How to apply for our Mail Hold service
Applying in person
- Download and print an Application to Hold Mail form (791kb) or pick one up from an Australia Post retail outlet
- Complete the form (2 copies if you've downloaded it from this site)
- Lodge the form in person at any of our our retail outlets, along with your payment and proof of identity
- Keep your receipt and customer copy of the application form (you'll need your customer reference number if you wish to make any changes to the service)
Apply online (for personal mail only)
- Create an Australia Post account if you don't already have one
- Login to set up your Mail Hold
- Provide proof of identity with at least 1 form of ID (e.g. driver's license) - we'll check your ID online using our secure verification service
- Pay securely online using Visa or MasterCard