Sorting your mail
You need to pack your sorted mail into Australia Post mail trays. We can supply you with small or large trays depending on your mail volume - as many as you need, free of charge. You can order them from your lodgement facility.
Sort plans detail our predetermined postcode ranges, which you need to bundle your mail into. Each delivery service has its own sort plan.
Valid from 1 March to 31 August 2014:
- PreSort Letters sort plan (76kb)
- Print Post sort plan (104kb)
- Impact Mail sort plan (100kb)
- Acquisition Mail sort plan (80kb)
Valid from 1 September to 28 February 2015:
- PreSort Letters sort plan (88kb)
- Print Post sort plan (138kb)
- Impact Mail sort plan (131kb)
- Acquisition Mail sort plan (93kb)
Mail tray labels
You need a label on each mail tray to identify the destination of your mail.
You can print your own labels as you need them using our Visa Tray Label Management System (see below) or you can order them from your lodgement facility.
Our label specification (244kb) shows what you need for all tray labels.
Please note: this will change from time to time as we review and modify label formats to improve readability.
Printing your own labels
If you want to print your own tray labels we provide Visa Tray Label Management System (TLMS) software free of charge to bulk mail customers. To find out the minimum computer hardware you will need, download the Customer Computer System Requirements (24kb).
Use of the software is subject to licensing conditions, and you'll need a unique Application ID for each installation (you need to install the software on every computer you use to print labels). This 6-digit ID allows our:
- technical support to track your queries and requests
- mail centres to contact you if your label quality is affecting the processing of your bulk mail
How to install Visa TLMS Click to expand Click to collapse
Simply download and complete the Visa TLMS application form (174kb)
Once it's installed, the Visa TLMS User Guide (3.05mb) will help you get started with your labelling software.
If you need more help with your VTLMS software, please contact National Visa System Operations via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also provide blank labels, available in boxes of 10,000. They have a heat-sensitive layer that gives clearer barcodes and text. You can order them through your lodgement facility by quoting the material SAP number 8837999.
Ordering tray labels
We can give you pre-printed labels for free. Simply download the order form and take it to your lodgement facility:
- Priority tray label order form - small trays (SL) (128kb)
- Regular tray label order form - small trays (SL) (132kb)
- Priority tray label order form - large trays (LL) (124kb)
- Regular tray label order form - large trays (LL) (125kb)
- Print Post Priority & Regular tray label order form (58kb)
Applying labels to trays
You must place each tray label in the pocket provided on a mail tray. Our adhesive pockets have a clear matt front, so you can see the reference number on the label.
If you'd like more advice on sorting your mail, call our customer contact centre on 13 11 18 or email us.
You'll also find more information in our Tray label fact sheet (118kb)