In August 2021, Australia Post contacted former employees who were impacted by a payroll system processing error that was discovered as part of our proactive compliance activities. The error resulted in approximately 19,500 former employees not receiving their full accrued annual leave entitlement in their final payment between 1 August 2013 and 31 August 2019.
Since initially notifying impacted former employees of this payroll system processing error, we have attempted to contact them through a number of ways:
- follow up letter in October 2021
- follow up email in November 2021
- direct call from November 2021 to present
- SMS reminder in April 2022
- former employees’ managers contacted for additional contact information in May and June 2022
- direct payment to the last known bank account of former employees.
Through this process, we have repaid over 90% of impacted former employees.
We closed our formal remediation channels at the end of 2022. If you’ve already logged a case with us, please contact us using the contact details provided in your confirmation letter.