Before placing your order, please read through our terms and conditions. Your placement of an order shows your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
We endeavour to ensure that only accurate and up to date information is placed online. In the event that incorrect information is included in the Australia Post Online Shop, we will place a correction on the Australia Post Online Shop content area.
Australia Post aims to include the complete range of products publicised through the Australian Stamp Bulletin in the Australia Post Online Shop.
2. Intellectual property
The materials displayed on this website, including all editorial materials, information, photographs, illustration, artwork and other graphic materials, and names, logos and trademarks, are the property of Australia Post and are protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. Any such content may be displayed and printed solely for your personal and non-commercial use. You agree not to reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast or circulate any such material to any third party without the prior written consent of Australia Post. Australia Post does not grant any licence or right in, or assign all or part of, its intellectual property rights in the content or applications incorporated into the website or in the user interface of the website.
Care has been taken to ensure that the products and descriptions of them on this site are accurate. We do not, however, promise or represent that it is accurate or free from errors or omissions and we reserve the right to make any necessary corrections. You should enquire with us directly to ensure the accuracy and currency of the material you seek to rely upon.
4. Unacceptable orders
Australia Post reserves the right to reject an order if, in its opinion (acting reasonably), the order is unacceptable.
5. Disclaimer of warranties
To the maximum extent permitted by law (most importantly the Australian Consumer Law):
- Australia Post disclaims all warranties with regard to the information and applications contained on the website and your use of the website;
Australia Post, its contractors, agents, or employees disclaim liability for any damages whatsoever (including special, indirect or consequential) arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of the website whether in contract, at common law or in equity, or on any other basis, except to the extent that the damage is directly caused by fraud or wilful misconduct by Australia Post.
- If Australia Post becomes liable for any breach of any guarantee, condition or warranty, Australia Post's liability for breach of any guarantee, condition or warranty shall be limited to at its option (and, provided it is fair and reasonable to do so), any one or more of the following:
- In the case of goods: replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods; repair of the goods; payment of the cost of replacing the goods or acquiring goods; or payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; and
- In the case of services: to either resupplying the services or payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
6. Security information
At the time that you place your order and are asked to supply personal information you enter a secure environment. From that time, the link between your Web browser and the Australia Post Online Shop will be protected using a security certificate. This will be indicated by the appearance of a padlock on your browser.
You should note that credit card numbers will not be stored on the web site and will never be made publicly available. All information concerning your order is encrypted and can only be viewed by members of the Australia Post Online Shop team with authorised access to that information. As noted your credit card details are not visible to the members of the Australia Post Online Shop team.
7. Stock availability
Australia Post will endeavour to supply all items publicised in the Australia Post Online Shop. Similarly, products will be removed from the Australia Post Online Shop as soon as Australia Post becomes aware that those items are unavailable. However, there may be unavoidable occasions when:
- All or part of your order cannot be fulfilled immediately, or
- All or part of your order cannot be fulfilled at all.
Where part of an order cannot be fulfilled immediately, the part that can be supplied will be dispatched as soon as possible.
Where part of your order cannot be fulfilled at all you will be advised as soon as possible by email, telephone or fax.
All products with a limited sales period which are displayed in the Australia Post Online Shop will have the withdrawal date clearly shown.
However, where a product which does not have a specified sales period becomes unavailable due to unexpected or high demand, and that item is ordered by you before Australia Post has withdrawn that item from the Australia Post Online Shop, Australia Post will not be held responsible for inability to complete that order. In this instance, you will be advised ASAP by email or telephone.
In relation to particular items, such as coins and banknotes, Australia Post will conduct pre-orders of these items (in full) prior to the release date. Once Australia Post receives the items following their release date, we will endeavour to dispatch the items as soon as possible.
8. Changes to availability dates for philatelic items only
On rare occasions, there is an unavoidable need to change either an issue or withdrawal date. When this occurs, you will be advised either by email, by mail, or via the next Australian Stamp Bulletin, depending upon which contact details you have provided for the Australian Philatelic Bureau.
9. Delivery standards
Australia Post will endeavour to dispatch all orders within 1-2 working days of receiving the order and endeavour to deliver all orders within 3-10 business days from receipt of order (within Australia). Delivery of international orders is usually 10+ working days.
- Stamp issues will NOT be dispatched prior to the actual issue date.
- Coins, banknotes and other items that can be pre-ordered will NOT be dispatched prior to the release date and may take up to 6 weeks from release date to arrive at the nominated delivery address.
- Personalised Stamps may take up to around 10 business days from the date of online purchase to arrive at the nominated delivery address (within Australia).
- Load & Go and Load & Go China cards may take up to 10 business days from the date of online purchase to arrive at the nominated delivery address.
- Items may be delivered to you individually and/or separately where they are fulfilled from different locations or directly from an Australia Post supplier.
The Australia Post Terms and Conditions apply to the carriage of articles by Australia Post http://auspost.com.au/general-terms-conditions.html.
10. Incorrect details supplied
Please note that acceptance of your order implies that we will fulfil your order within the time specified in the Delivery Standards. The following situations are exceptions:
- If and when incorrect payment details, including credit card details, are supplied;
- Where correct credit card details are supplied but funds are not approved.
- Where fraudulent activity is suspected / identified
- Where cleared funds through your nominated payment method have not been received
In the event that you supply incorrect payment or delivery details, Australia Post will take all reasonable steps to contact you using the personal details that you have provided. In the event that your supplied contact details are incorrect, however, Australia Post will not be held responsible for not fulfilling your order, nor for being unable to advise you that this is the case.
All products sold by Australia Post must be:
- fit for all the purposes for which goods of that kind are commonly supplied
- acceptable in appearance and finish
- free from defects
You can return an item to us if:
- it's faulty
- it's incorrectly described
- it's different from a sample shown
- it doesn't do what we said it would do
- it's not of an acceptable quality
If the product is unsafe, can't be fixed within a reasonable time, or you simply would not have bought it given the nature of the defect, we'll offer you an exchange, repair or refund.
To ask for an exchange, repair or refund, you'll need to prove that you purchased the product via the Australia Post Online Shop. If you can't provide an order confirmation, another form of proof of purchase will be required.
If the product is assessed to be faulty or unfit for its intended purpose, refunds will be issued using the same method as your original payment.
For mobile phone products:
Once proof of purchase has been located, please contact 13 POST (137 678) who will facilitate the assessment of the fault. If the product is assessed to be faulty an exchange, repair of refund will be provided. If no fault is found, it will be returned to you.
For other products (including philatelic products):
Please return your item with your name, order confirmation number and the reason for your return. For example:
Order number: 00001234
Faulty - not turning on
Please contact 13 POST (137 678) to find out where you need to return your item.
The provisions of this clause 11 do not derogate from any rights you may have under law, including the Australian Consumer Law.