1. Online vouchers
There are many different Australian online deal and voucher websites. You can find the latest deals near you by entering your postcode or state. The discounts you can find vary from online shopping discounts to in person discounts for goods and services. Some examples include:
- All The Deals – finds and lists the best daily deals, group buying bargains and travel deals from the many deal and voucher sites.
- Shop a Docket – provider of coupons on back of receipts in participating supermarkets. This site makes these vouchers available online and on mobile devices.
2. Comparison Shopping Websites
Use comparison shopping sites to help you compare prices online. Some of the websites are:
- Google Shopping – lists some of the best deals in Australia in a range of categories for you to browse. You can also type your product/service into the normal Google search and a range of sellers or providers will be provided in a list. You will be able to arrange this list according to price, product location, and seller.
- Myshopping.com.au – collects information on products and prices from around the web. It puts this information in a list for you to browse. Once you have found your product, it will direct you to the website it is being sold on.
3. Double check online classified websites
If you’re looking for a product from a popular store, be sure to double check other websites before you buy.
Often online classified sites like Gumtree and eBay can have the same or similar products you are looking for with a cheaper price tag. Often, you can get a good deal, just be sure to check the listing to ensure it’s the same product and is genuine.
4. Sign up to newsletters and membership
Sign up for newsletters of the services and products you are most interested in to be the first in the know on deals and specials before the general public. You may be able to get discounts or free gifts on your birthday and during Christmas.
5. Subscription services
Subscription services aren’t just for convenient dinners or binging on your favourite TV shows - they can also save you money when shopping online. Shipster is a service that waves delivery costs on eligible purchases from your favourite retailers.
For regular online shoppers, the $6.95 per month membership will very quickly pay for itself. Plus, you get the first two months FREE!*. Simply sign up with your MyPost account (or create one when you register), use the same email when completing your purchase and watch the shipping costs disappear. Cancel anytime!
See how it works and try it for free.