The Stella Maris: The Apostleship of the Sea postage-paid envelope (PPE) features the Stella Maris: The Apostleship of the Sea logo in the postage paid area of the envelope.
One hundred years ago, in October 1920, Peter Anson, Arthur Gannon and Archbishop Donald Macintosh established Stella Maris in Glasgow to provide practical and pastoral support of seafarers in need. Also known as the Apostleship of the Sea, it is the largest ship visiting network in the world. In Australia, members of the Society of St Vincent de Paul first began visiting ships in the Port of Melbourne as early as 1889. The practice spread around the Australian coast in the early 1900s and continued until the mid-1960s. From this time, under the guidance of port chaplains, Stella Maris undertook this important responsibility. Today, dedicated chaplains, volunteers and staff in Australian ports continue to provide visitation and support services to seafarers who visit our shores.
Cover design: Jason Watts, Australia Post Design Studio
Images: Stella Maris, Apostleship of the Sea, Australia
Delivery Within Australia
- This single-use, prepaid envelope includes postage for lodgement and delivery within Australia.
- The envelope must not exceed 250 grams or 5mm in thickness when posted.
- Envelope size is 220mm x 110mm.
- The envelope is carried under the Australia Post General Terms and Conditions.
- The envelope will be delivered to the regular delivery timetable (for letters), unless the customer has purchased and affixed a priority label on the prepaid envelope, in which case, the envelope will be delivered to the priority delivery timetable (for letters).
Our returns policy
If there’s a problem with a product you have purchased from our Online Shop, you can return the item within reasonable time after purchase. You can choose between an exchange, repair, replacement or refund.
This includes when a product:
- is faulty
- is incorrectly described on our website
- is different from a sample shown
- doesn’t do what we said it would, or
- isn't of acceptable quality.
We don’t offer change-of-mind returns on most of our items, as most of them can’t be resold.
Read our full returns policy.