The Centenary of Lismore to Tenterfield Airmail Test Flight postage paid envelope (PPE) features an image of Lt Frank Roberts in the postage paid area of the envelope.
The Centenary of Lismore to Tenterfield Airmail Test Flight postage paid envelope (PPE) commemorates the first government-sanctioned test airmail flight in Australia, which took place 100 years ago, on 26 June 1920. Lt Frank Roberts and Royal Mail contractors Walter and James Lynn flew an Avro 504K 105 kilometres, from Lismore to Tenterfield, via Casino, in New South Wales, to deliver around 8,000 letters. While the flight didn’t lead to a regular airmail service on this route, the federal government established regular airmail routes in remote parts of Western Australia and Queensland, commencing in 1921.
Delivery Within Australia
- This single-use, prepaid envelope includes postage for lodgement and delivery within Australia.
- The envelope must not exceed 250 grams or 5mm in thickness when posted.
- Envelope size is 220mm x 110mm.
- The envelope is carried under the Australia Post General Terms and Conditions.
- The envelope will be delivered to the regular delivery timetable (for letters), unless the customer has purchased and affixed a priority label on the prepaid envelope, in which case, the envelope will be delivered to the priority delivery timetable (for letters).
Our returns policy
If there’s a problem with a product you have purchased from our Online Shop, you can return the item within reasonable time after purchase. You can choose between an exchange, repair, replacement or refund.
This includes when a product:
- is faulty
- is incorrectly described on our website
- is different from a sample shown
- doesn’t do what we said it would, or
- isn't of acceptable quality.
We don’t offer change-of-mind returns on most of our items, as most of them can’t be resold.
Read our full returns policy.