Released in time for Steve Irwin Day on 15 November, the Australian Zoo 50 Years postage paid envelope marks 50 years of the largest family-owned zoo in Australia and a world-renowned site for conservation excellence and education.
Envelope size is 220mm x 110mm.
Situated on Queensland's Sunshine Coast, Australia Zoo is the largest family-owned zoo in Australia. When it opened to the public in 1970, it was a 0.8-hectare wildlife park with an array of snakes, freshwater crocodiles and kangaroos. Today, Australia Zoo encompasses more than 280 hectares (44.5 of which are open to visitors) and is home to more than 1,200 animals! When Steve and Terri Irwin became the zoo's owners in 1992, attendance began to soar, as did Steve's reputation as the "Crocodile Hunter". The lrwins helped to transform Australia Zoo into a world-renowned site for conservation excellence and education, together with their children, Bindi and Robert. Steve Irwin's legacy lives on and is reflected upon each year on 15 November, which is nationally and internationally recognised as Steve Irwin Day.
Delivery Within Australia
- This single-use, prepaid envelope includes postage for lodgement and delivery within Australia.
- The envelope must not exceed 250 grams or 5mm in thickness when posted.
- Envelope size is 220mm x 110mm.
- The envelope is carried under the Australia Post General Terms and Conditions.
- The envelope will be delivered to the regular delivery timetable (for letters), unless the customer has purchased and affixed a priority label on the prepaid envelope, in which case, the envelope will be delivered to the priority delivery timetable (for letters).