The Australia and Mauritius: 1970-2020 postage-paid envelope (PPE) features an illustration of two flowers in the postage paid area of the envelope.
On 25 September 2020, the nations of Mauritius and Australia celebrate 50 years of official diplomatic relations. Our two countries enjoy close cultural, security and economic relations. We share common values, including respect for democracy, human rights, rule of law, cultural diversity and sustainable development, all of which we advocate in Indian Ocean regional and international fora. Our growing economic relationship is based on opportunities in education and the blue economy, and our people-to-people links are underpinned by Australia’s large Mauritian diaspora and alumni.The envelope’s floral motifs represent our two countries’ rich and diverse flora. The colours of the Trochetia boutoniana, endemic to Mauritius, reflect the vivacity of Mauritian society; the green and gold of the Golden Wattle (Acacia pycnantha) are Australia’s national colours. The resilience of the two species embodies the spirit of the peoples of our two countries.
Cover design: Jo Muré, Australia Post Design Studio
Photographs: Mr Kadrewvel Pillay Vythilingum (Trochetia boutoniana).
Postage paid envelope
Delivery Within Australia
- This single-use, prepaid envelope includes postage for lodgement and delivery within Australia.
- The envelope must not exceed 250 grams or 5mm in thickness when posted.
- Envelope size is 220mm x 110mm.
- The envelope is carried under the Australia Post General Terms and Conditions.
- The envelope will be delivered to the regular delivery timetable (for letters), unless the customer has purchased and affixed a priority label on the prepaid envelope, in which case, the envelope will be delivered to the priority delivery timetable (for letters).
Our returns policy
If there’s a problem with a product you have purchased from our Online Shop, you can return the item within reasonable time after purchase. You can choose between an exchange, repair, replacement or refund.
This includes when a product:
- is faulty
- is incorrectly described on our website
- is different from a sample shown
- doesn’t do what we said it would, or
- isn't of acceptable quality.
We don’t offer change-of-mind returns on most of our items, as most of them can’t be resold.
Read our full returns policy.