For the third and final time, the Royal Australian Mint’s annual baby sets feature the beloved children’s book Possum Magic, written by Mem Fox and illustrated by Julie Vivas. This book, adored by young readers since 1983, is celebrated in this coin set with an extra special coloured token, the perfect gift for welcoming new little ones into the world.
Coins are a traditional gift for welcoming a new baby into the family. The Royal Australian Mint’s annual baby sets are a 25-year tradition, always popular with families who love their timeless appeal and upbeat messages. For the third and final year the 2020 baby set features the beloved and whimsical Possum Magic, written by Mem Fox and illustrated by Julie Vivas.
Possum Magic was first introduced to young readers in 1983. Gorgeously illustrated, it tells the story of two possums living in the Australian bush, Hush and Grandma Poss. This baby set features illustrations from the book on a 50 cent coin and a colour printed token, an ideal gift for a joyous new arrival.
- Fifty cent coin's reverse features a special sculpted design of one of Julie Vivas' beautiful illustrations
- Packaged in a Possum Magic-themed coin folder
- Includes a special colour printed token of Hush eating a lamington
- Six coin set
- Coins’ obverses feature the effigy of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II sculpted by Jody Clark
- Reverse design: S. Devlin, H. Hahne and J. Vivas
The token weighs 7.55g and has a diameter of 27mm.