The following items are prohibited from importation, meaning they won't be allowed to enter the destination country, territory or region.
To check which items are considered dangerous and prohibited for sending from Australia, download our dangerous goods guide (1.2MB).
- Arms and ammunition
- Animal and animal products
- Clocks and watches and parts thereof
- Electrical machinery
- Inorganic chemicals
- Pharmaceutical products
- Prepared foodstuffs
- Printed articles; books and brochures- offensive by nature
- Pearls, precious stones and metals
- Plants and plant products
- Publications and recordings
- Radio transmitters and receivers
- Tobacco products
- Vegetable products
Transporting food of any kind is prohibited under International Courier.
Vietnam Post accepts packets / parcels containing limited quantities of the following items as gifts for personal use or as non-commercial goods:
- Mobile Telephones
- Cosmetic Products
Vietnam reserves the right not to accept letters containing articles or goods.
Lithium batteries and devices containing them are prohibited from being sent via International Courier services.
If an item is subject to import restrictions, it means that provisions must be met before it will be released from customs in the destination country, territory or region.
We recommend you confirm import restrictions with local authorities before posting:
Vietnam requires an import permit for all goods except personal gifts. Before posting, senders should confirm that the addressee has any necessary permit. Senders should determine import restrictions from Vietnam authorities before posting:
- All used or second-hand goods
- Animals and animal products
- Anti-parasite products, agriculture