The following items are prohibited from importation, meaning they won't be allowed to enter the destination country, territory or region.
To check which items are considered dangerous and prohibited for sending from Australia, download our dangerous goods guide (1.2MB).
- All items prohibited by Italy
- Airline tickets, blank stock
- Bearer shared certificates, bearer bonds, uncashed travellers cheques, open tickets (lottery, football match, theatre)
- Bullion and currency
- Cheques, bank
- Clothing- soiled
- Photographic apparatus
- Precious metals and stones
- Plants and parts of plants
- Publications contrary to public order, morals and religion
Lithium batteries and devices containing them are prohibited from being sent via International Express.
If an item is subject to import restrictions, it means that provisions must be met before it will be released from customs in the destination country, territory or region.
We recommend you confirm import restrictions with local authorities before posting:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Animal skins and products
- Chemicals, non-hazardous
- Coffee and coffee samples
- Cologne cosmetics and perfume
- Dangerous good, haz or comb mats
- Drugs: prescription and non prescription
- Fabrics and fabric samples
- Leather goods