The following items are prohibited from importation, meaning they won't be allowed to enter the destination country, territory or region.
To check which items are considered dangerous and prohibited for sending from Australia, download our dangerous goods guide (1.2MB).
- Arms and ammunition
- Beverages and spirits
- Live trees and other plants
- Lottery tickets
- Offensive items and propaganda
- Printed books and newspapers- offensive by nature
- Spying devices, miniature
Transporting food of any kind is prohibited under International Courier.
Lithium batteries and devices containing them are prohibited from being sent via International Courier services.
If an item is subject to import restrictions, it means that provisions must be met before it will be released from customs in the destination country, territory or region.
We recommend you confirm import restrictions with local authorities before posting:
Switzerland requires an import permit for many goods. Before posting any item, senders should confirm that the addressee has any necessary permit. Senders should determine import restrictions from Swiss authorities before posting:
- Animals and animal products
- Animal, vegetable fats and oils
- Feathers and down
- Hides and skins, raw
- Metals, precious, articles made of
- Mineral products
- Optical and cinematographic instruments
- Plants and plant products
- Pharmaceutical products
- Prepared foodstuffs