The following items are prohibited from importation, meaning they won't be allowed to enter the destination country, territory or region.
To check which items are considered dangerous and prohibited for sending from Australia, download our dangerous goods guide (1.2MB).
- Cotton seed
- Foodstuffs containing saccharine
- Lottery tickets
- Mushrooms and microbes, cultures of
- Playing cards
- Religious relics and objects, such as rosaries
Spain prohibits weapons of whatever type or category, including firearms, and all components of weapons.
If an item is subject to import restrictions, it means that provisions must be met before it will be released from customs in the destination country, territory or region.
We recommend you confirm import restrictions with local authorities before posting:
Spain requires an import permit for many goods. Before posting any item, senders should confirm that the addressee has any necessary permit.
- Animals and animal products
- Drugs and medicines
- Jewellery and precious objects
- Pharmaceutical products
- Plants and parts of plants
For International Express articles going to Canary Islands or Equatorial Guinea EDN’s and export permits are required for:
- Kangaroo skins
- Crocodile skins
- Emu oil
- Fish oil
- Bunker oil
- Petroleum-based products
- Tobacco and tobacco products
- Any other alcohol including beer and spirits all volumes