The following items are prohibited from importation, meaning they won't be allowed to enter the destination country, territory or region.
To check which items are considered dangerous and prohibited for sending from Australia, download our dangerous goods guide (1.2MB).
- Animals and animal products
- Arms and ammunition
- Clocks and watches
- Cocoa and cocoa preparations
- Foodstuffs containing saccharine and similar products
- Inorganic and organic chemicals
- Live trees and other plants
- Musical instruments
- Optical, cinematographic and photographic instruments
- Plastics and articles thereof
- Printed articles; books and newspapers- offensive by nature
- Prepared foodstuffs
- Raw hides, skins and furs
- Sugars and sugar confectionary
If an item is subject to import restrictions, it means that provisions must be met before it will be released from customs in the destination country, territory or region.
We recommend you confirm import restrictions with local authorities before posting:
Portugal requires an import permit for all goods that are considered by the Portugese authorities to be commercial shipments. Before posting any such item, senders should confirm that the addressee has the necessary permit.
Senders should determine import restrictions from Portugese authorities before posting:
- Animal products
- Chemical products
- Plants and plant products
- Pharmaceutical products
- Raw hide and skins