The following items are prohibited from importation, meaning they won't be allowed to enter the destination country, territory or region.
To check which items are considered dangerous and prohibited for sending from Australia, download our dangerous goods guide (1.2MB).
- Animals and animal products
- Arms and ammunition
- Articles of glass, stone, plaster and cement
- Dangerous goods, haz. or comb. materials
- Gambling devices
- Lottery tickets and advertising
- Mineral products
- Pharmaceutical products
- Products of chemical or allied industries
- Plastics and articles thereof
- Pearls, precious stones and metals
- Prepared foodstuffs
- Publications prejudicial to political, social and moral order
- Tea, coffee and spices
- Wood and articles of wood
- Vegetables, fruit and nuts.
Lithium batteries and devices containing them are prohibited from being sent via International Express.
If an item is subject to import restrictions, it means that provisions must be met before it will be released from customs in the destination country, territory or region.
We recommend you confirm import restrictions with local authorities before posting:
Panama requires an import licence for many goods. Before posting any item, senders should confirm that the addressee has any necessary permit. Senders should determine import restrictions from Panama Republic authorities before posting:
- Alcohol and spirits
- Animals and animal products/skins
- Coffee and coffee samples
- Cologne and perfume
- Communications equipment
- Compact disc
- Cotton Seed
- Drugs: prescription and non-prescription
- Grain Sample
- Parts, machine and electric
- Foodstuffs (prepared)
- Pharmaceutical products
- Plants and plant products
- Plastic and rubber products
- Samples, textile
- Telecommunications equipment
- Wood and wood products
EDN’s and export permits are required for:
- Kangaroo skins
- Crocodile skins
- Emu oil
- Fish oil
- Bunker oil
- Petroleum bases products
- Tobacco and tobacco products
- Any other alcohol including beer and spirits all volumes.
Okay to send? Send responsibly.
As the sender, it's your responsibility to make sure your items don't break any laws or rules – both within Australia and in the destination country.
Restrictions and conditions can change at short notice so the information on this page should be used as a guide only. For the latest information, you should check the UPU prohibitions & restrictions (PDF 3.2MB) or contact the destination country's customs, postal trade or government authority.
It's also your responsibility to check if the destination country imposes any duties, taxes, brokerage fees or any other fees on the item you're sending. If you're unsure, please contact the consulate office of the destination country.
In addition to our customs forms, authorities in the destination country, territory or region require further documentation for some items.
Commercial goods require an invoice posted separately to the Panama Republic authorities.
The sender and receiver details must be addressed with a valid street address in English. A Post Office Box address is not acceptable. The sender is responsible for finding if the destination country may impose duties, taxes, brokerage fees or any other fees that may be applied on the item that is being sent. Please contact the consulate office of the country you are sending to or contact the Australia Post Customer Contact Centre on 13 76 78.
Delivery locations & exclusions
Before sending to this destination, it’s worth noting a few more details about our international delivery services.
Delivery locations & exclusions data (Personal)
- International Express (carried via the EMS network) - Parcels delivers only to the places shown
- Agua Dulce
- Arco Iris
- Bahia Lasminas
- Barriada 24 De Diciembre
- Bocas Del Toro Islas
- Camping Resort
- Cerro Punta
- Colon City (France Field)
- Colon Free (Colon Free Zone)
- Domingo Espinar
- Ft Davis
- Las Tablas
- Los Santos
- Panama City
- Panama City (Albrook Afb)
- Panama City (Panama City)
- Panama City (Punta Paitilla)
- Puerto Armuelles
- Puerto Escondido
- Puerto Obaldia
- Puerto Pilon
- Rainbow City
- San Lorenzo
- San Pablo
International Express - Parcels does not deliver to a Post Office Box or Poste Restante.
- International Express - Letters service available on a non-guaranteed basis
For more information from the overseas carrier, check the Correos Panama website.